LAST REVISED 12.30.2020
The following sections apply only to California residents. They describe how we process information protected by California law that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household (“Personal Information”).
Collection of Personal Information
Within the last 12 months, we have collected the following categories of Personal Information:
|A. Identifiers||Identifiers such as name, mailing address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, user ID/account name, or other similar identifiers.|
|B. Information under the California Customer Records Statute||Personal information described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80 (California Customer Records statue). This means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual, including, but not limited to, name, signature, social security number, address, telephone number, employment, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information.|
|C. Characteristics of Protected classifications under California or federal law||Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law. This includes, for example: age (40 years or older) or sex (including gender).|
|D. Commercial information||Commercial information, including records of personal propert, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.|
|E. Internet or other electronic network activity information||Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, information regarding a consumer's interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement, browser type, domain names, access times, and referring website addresses.|
|F. Geolocation data||Information which precisely locates an individual.|
|G. Professional or employment-related information||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.|
|H. Inferences drawn from other personal information||Inferences drawn from any of the information idenfiried in this subdivision to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.|
Use of Personal Information
- Audits and reporting relating to particular transactions and interactions, including online interactions, you may have with us or others on our behalf;
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents and malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting the same;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors in our systems;
- Short-term, transient use including contextual customization of ads;
- Providing services on our behalf or on behalf of another, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, fulfilling transactions, verifying identity information, processing payments, and other services;
- Conducting internal research to develop and demonstrate technology; and
- Conducting activity to verify, enhance, and maintain the quality or safety of services or devices which we may own, control, or provide.
- We may also use the information we collect for our own or our service providers’ other operational purposes, purposes for which we provide you additional notice, or for purposes compatible with the context in which the Personal Information was collected.
Disclosure of Personal Information
California Do Not Track Disclosures
As of the Effective Date listed above, there is no commonly accepted response for Do Not Track signals initiated by browsers. Therefore, we do not respond to such signals or other mechanisms that provide the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information regarding your online activities over time and across third party websites or online services.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 entitles California customers to request information concerning whether a business has disclosed Personal Information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Duke Realty will not sell or share your Personal Information with non-Duke Realty companies for their direct marketing purposes without your consent.
If you are a California resident, you have the right to:
- Know. You have the right to request that we disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell, including:
- Specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you;
- Categories of Personal Information we have collected or disclosed about you;
- Categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information; and
- Categories of third parties with whom we disclose Personal Information;
- Delete. You have the right to request deletion of Personal Information.
- Opt-Out. You have the right to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information. To opt-out, visit Do Not Sell or Share my Personal Information or contact us using the methods below.
You may exercise these rights by:
- Logging in to your account (if you have an account) and submitting a request
- Emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calling our toll-free number 833.969.0732
- Completing our Personal Information Access Request Form
You have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by Duke Realty for exercising the above rights.
As required under applicable law, please note that we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights. We may require you to provide additional Personal Information (such as information relating to past interactions with us, or information you may have previously provided to us) to help us verify your identity in response to your exercise of the above rights. We may limit our response to your exercise of rights as permitted under applicable law.